Thursday 9 December 2010

Q.06. What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

During the course of our film, I was able to gain new skills regarding new technologies I used, like Imovie HD and Garageband. I was also able to improve my skills with the camera. I also used computer programs and internet websites.
                
To edit our film, I used Imovie HD. I was especially impressed with the special effects that were available in Imovie. This helped us make our film better, and allowed us to easily send a message to the target audience. Another aspect of Imovie that I was able to learn is title. Imovie can create titles easily, and a wide range of titles is available.

I also learned how to use GarageBand. This program allowed me to mix and match sound clips, and compose the one that goes well with our film. There are a huge range of instruments available like guitar, piano, drums, etc. Also, we had to make the sound and movie in sync. Therefore, I became really familiar with GarageBand and the timeline for the sound. Additionally, to import the sound and fit it into our film, we exported it from GarageBand to itunes, then from itunes to Imovie.

I also used online sites like Blogger. I used this for the documentation and evaluation of my film. Another site that I used is YouTube. This helped me look for movie thriller, which I used as reference for our film. This helped us greatly in producing our film, and also on how to appeal to the target audience.

No comments: